The Application Of 6 Series Aluminum Alloy Grades
According to the aliuminum machining method, it can be divided into deformed aluminum alloy and cast aluminum alloy. The number of aluminum and aluminum alloy is mainly divided into eight series.
International brand (using four Arabic numerals, now commonly used to express):
- 1XXX means more than 99% pure aluminum series, such as 1050
- 2XXX means aluminum-copper alloy series, such as 2014
- 3XXX means aluminum-manganese alloy series, such as 3003
- 4XXX means aluminum-silicon alloy series, such as 4032
- 5XXX means aluminum-magnesium alloy series, such as 5052
- 6XXX means aluminum-magnesium-silicon alloy series, such as 6063
- 7XXX means aluminum-zinc alloy series, such as 7001
- 8XXX means an alloy system other than the above
According to the aluminum alloy series, from the lowest strength 1xxx series pure aluminum to the highest strength 7xxx series aluminum-zinc alloy. Different grades of wrought aluminum alloys have different compositions, heat treatment processes and corresponding processing forms, so they have different anodizing characteristics. 6xxx series aluminum alloy, also known as "aluminum-magnesium-silicon alloy", is a heat-treated corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy with high strength and corrosion resistance, and good uniformity. It is currently a more circulating product on the market. It is particularly important in engineering applications, mainly for extruding aluminum profiles. Take the commonly used 6 series aluminum alloys as an example, different types of aluminum alloys have different uses.
- 6005 Extruded profiles and pipes, used for ladders, TV antennas, TV launchers, etc.
- 6009 car body panels.
- 6010 sheet: car body.
- 6061 Tubes, rods, plates used for battery covers, etc., semiconductor equipment parts, aviation fixtures, valve bodies, auto parts, model car bottom plates, bicycle parts, tower buildings, ships, trams, furniture, mechanical parts, precision machining, etc. .
- 6063 building profiles and extrusion materials for vehicles, benches, furniture, fences, etc.
- 6066 Forgings and welding structure extrusion materials.
- 6068 is mainly used for refrigerated container floor, truck frame parts, ship upper structure, rail vehicle structure, large truck structure and other mechanical structural parts.
- 6070 Heavy-duty welded structure and extrusion materials and pipes for the automotive industry.
- 6082 is suitable for manufacturing aircraft landing pads, boats, building components, bicycles, auto parts, optical instruments, rail vehicle aluminum, electrical accessories, valves and valve parts.
- 6101 High-strength bars for buses, electric conductors and radiator materials, high-strength electric bus bars, rigid suspension conductive contact rails, various conductive materials, etc.
- 6106 is used for all kinds of pipes, wires and bars that require corrosion resistance.
- 6151 is used for products that require both good forgeability, high strength, and good corrosion resistance, such as die forging crankshaft parts, machine parts, and production rolled rings.
- 6201 High-strength conductive rods and wires.
- 6205 Thick plates, pedals and high-impact resistant extrusions.
- 6262 has good machinability and corrosion resistance, mostly extruded and cold-worked pipes, rods, shapes, and wires, used for threaded high-stress parts.
- 6351 is mostly used for extruded structural parts of highway transportation facilities and gas, oil, and water pipelines that require high strength.
- 6463 Building and various appliance profiles, as well as automotive decorative parts with bright surfaces after anodizing treatment.
- 6A02 Aircraft engine parts, complex forgings and die forgings.
Link To This Article： The Application Of 6 Series Aluminum Alloy Grades
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！
PTJ – As an accomplished China CNC machining company and CNC shop, PTJ Hardware Co., Ltd has been specialized in OEM CNC lathing, custom CNC machining parts production and rapid CNC machining services China for over 12 years and always maintaining the highest standard in delivery speed and reliable quality of precision CNC manufacturing components. With the help of high-level technology and efficient equipment, as well as rigorous attitude, we passed the ISO9001:2015 quality certification, which supports the long-term development of PTJ CNC milling services, CNC turning services, CNC milling-turning, CNC drilling services, 3/4/5 axis machining, swiss machining services, CNC machining China custom parts and service, small parts machining, etc. PTJ professional CNC parts machining involves CNC metal parts manufacturing, plastic CNC machining, and some difficult materials. Our CNC machining products can be utilized in a broad range of industries..PTJ will strategize with you to provide the most cost-effective services to help you reach your target,Welcome to Contact us ( email@example.com ) directly for your new project.
- 5 Axis Machining
- Cnc Milling
- Cnc Turning
- Machining Industries
- Machining Process
- Surface Treatment
- Metal Machining
- Plastic Machining
- Powder Metallurgy Mold
- Die Casting
- Parts Gallery
- Auto Metal Parts
- Machinery Parts
- LED Heatsink
- Building Parts
- Mobile Parts
- Medical Parts
- Electronic Parts
- Tailored Machining
- Bicycle Parts
- Aluminum Machining
- Titanium Machining
- Stainless Steel Machining
- Copper Machining
- Brass Machining
- Super Alloy Machining
- Peek Machining
- UHMW Machining
- Unilate Machining
- PA6 Machining
- PPS Machining
- Teflon Machining
- Inconel Machining
- Tool Steel Machining
- More Material